An organic Christmas tree!? Really? Yes! Most trees are sprayed with toxic chemicals. If you didn’t read my other post on why we buy an organic Christmas tree (and lead free Christmas lights) click here. The main driver is I didn’t want to bring a tree into our house that had been sprayed with pesticides and herbicides including Roundup (which is often used). Our entire family touches the tree, we put our children’s non-toxic presents under the tree, and particles from the tree falls on our floors. These are all reasons I don’t want to bring a Christmas tree sprayed with chemicals into our home. This is the list I have started so far by state. If you know of a Christmas tree farm that doesn’t use chemicals please let me know so I can add it to my list.
It’s so important to always verify information so please double check with these farms before you go.
Schnepf Farms – organic trees from Oregon brought to Arizona
Moon Mountain Christmas Tree Farm – no spray. CLOSED in 2017 due to fires and road issues.
Silver Tip Tree Farm – grown organically, not certified but working towards certification
Billy’s Farm – certified organic, will deliver for a fee up to 50 miles
- Black Road Christmas Tree Farm – per my email with them they are not certified organic but their trees have not been treated with any chemicals or pesticides.
Pioneer Tree Farm – website states organically grown and pruned by hand
- Miles’ Christmas Tree Farm (phone: 859-824-3727) – follows organic methods
Celebration Tree Farm – website states organic – no chemical fertilizers or herbicides.
Feezers Farms – website states organic (also states small amount of fertilizer used on roots when first planted then that is it)
Hope Still – USDA certified organic
Murphy’s Organic Tree Farms and Nursery – website states organic
Spring Hills Farm – U-Cut no chemicals per website. Pre-cut does not say no chemicals.
This is my home state so the list is much larger due to the amount of time I spent researching for our family. I go into more detail about each farm in my Organic Christmas Trees in Washington State post which you can find here.
- Fall City Tree Farms – grown organically, no pesticides or herbicides used
- Misty Meadow Tree Farm – USDA certified organic
- Carnation Tree Farm – certified salmon safe, round up used on weeds around new seedlings but then after that no chemicals
- Riverview Tree Farm – organically grown
- Buttonwood Tree Farm – certified organic and offers delivery
Sun Valley Christmas Trees – website states organic but not certified
- Silver Tip Tree Farm – grown organically and working on becoming certified organic. Order online and have them ship it to you. They sell out quick so you want to pre-order.
- Christmas Trees Now – order online and they ship. According to my email with them no spraying, herbicides, pesticides or colorants are used on their trees.
- Another option for the adventurous is always getting a permit from the national forest service and getting your tree that way. It’s an inexpensive to get a Christmas tree but hike in and out to get your tree.
A live potted tree you can re-use yearly until it is too big to bring into your home.
Please let your friends know about organic Christmas tree farms near them. We need to support these farmers that are doing the right thing! If you know of a tree farm that is no spray please let me know so I can add them to this list.